Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Joe Burger


"People like me have no business deciding what goes on their burger!"
-Joe

Joe and I went out to a chain restaurant the other night (I know, but it was late and all the local places were closed) and he got a burger. There were all these choices, so he went crazy. I think he had bacon, fried onions, barbeque sauce, and blue cheese dressing... anyway, he said this on the way home and it made me laugh.

He's got a point, though - if you're not a cook, you need some guidance, some good ideas to choose from. Too many choices tend to lead to a big ol' mess you're not going to be happy with.

That's my deep thought for tonight.

Great wedding today, with the sweetest couple, at the Toledo Club (click the link so you can see our photo that is on their menus). The staff is always so great about taking care of us and making sure we got a chance to eat, which we like to do, because the food is good and Joe doesn't have to choose anything, except beef or chicken.

Anybody out there? What do you like on your burger? Even if it's a soy and gluten-free veggie burger!

6 comments:

Bridget said...

I like a fried egg on a turkey burger, because that's how I roll. :)

Malissa said...

i've never done fried egg and turkey, but i'm up for anything once!
i'd go with some cheese, onion ring strips, all kinds of condiments, lettuce/tomato, and some bacon for good measure. if i was going all out, that is.
i had a burger with avocado once and was surprisingly disappointed.

Unknown said...

Ooooh...Tillamook cheddar, applewood smoked bacon, grilled onions, and brown seeded mustard. Oh, and hi! Haven't seen you at any weddings recently. We need to hit the same shows.

Dandelionmom said...

On my gluten-free soy burger (amy's bistro burger with kinnikinnick english muffin) I like plastic cheese, mustard, lettuce, tomato and mayo.

Bridget said...

LOL @ 'plastic cheese'!

Merwin, I miss you! Can we get together soon? Mid July is good for me. :)

I forgot to mention I love Zingerman's 5-yr cheddar on my burger, and it's really low in lactose.

Michelle said...

Baby swiss, avacado, and onion straws.