Monday, June 2, 2008

Does anyone remember Jack Handey?

I'm dating myself here, but I used to love Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey on Saturday Night Live.

Here are a few favorites:

To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

I hope if dogs ever take over the world and they choose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas.

Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call
them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so
what, can't we all be brothers? (That one's for Joe!)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm betting your Chi's are some of the ones with good ideas! ;)

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I absolutely LOVED these.

I can still hear the music in my head.

Thanks for the fantastic memory.

Matt said...

I love Jack Handey's work. SNL hasn't been the same without those "Deep Thoughts."

Keep up the good work!

FYI - I'm trying to keep the Deep Thoughts tradition alive at www.Tender-Thoughts.com.