Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Thoughts on grocery-getting
So I got groceries at Meijer tonight. Some thoughts:
1. It's best to get groceries at 11 p.m. or an equally odd hour. No crowds and very few toddlers.
2. I drive all the way out to Meijer especially for my favorite chorizo (El Popular Mild) and they don't sell it anymore? GAAAAH! I tried the "picante" and just about died. I have no idea where to get the good stuff. Very sad.
3. They package strawberry Mentos by themselves now, because they're the yummiest. And they don't use nasty fake food coloring (I have a problem with red dye #40 which is in just about everything).
4. Are there any good, locally-made tortillas in Toledo? If you know, please tell me. I am really sick of the mass-produced ones.
5. Did you know bunnies are supposed to love cilantro? We've been bringing Mimzy (the office bunny) greens - dandelions and carrot tops have been her faves so far. Tomorrow, we try cilantro. I'll keep ya posted.
6. Rice Chex are now gluten-free! I keep buying them for my sister, who has Celiac Disease, but then we eat them all. Tonight we got other GF treats, too, because our wedding season has begun (and Brenna stays over a lot): Amy's GF Mac 'n' Cheese, Lara Bars, Tostito's Scoops, and Van's Waffles.
7. I cannot shop with Joe anymore. He's a disaster (I love you, honey, but you know you are). I sent him to the back of the store for Ortega Medium Taco Sauce (what? It's gluten-free!) and he came back with three different types of salsa. Good thing he's so cute.