Sunday, December 9, 2007

I promised an occasional recipe...

So here are my favorite cookies. I know this recipe came from Gourmet, sometime in the 90s...

The Best Peanut Butter Cookies (and they're gluten-free for my niece!)

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix PB and sugar together until combined well. Mix in egg and baking soda.

Use a teaspoon to portion dough, roll into a ball with your hands, and place on baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Use tines of a fork to flatten balls and make a crosshatch pattern. Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden.

Wait a couple minutes once cookies come out of the oven, then carefully move to a cooling rack. Store in airtight container for a few days (good luck with that -- these don't last long at my house) or freeze.

I once snuck these cookies, still warm from the oven, into a movie theatre. We shared with our nearest neighbors, and as word spread, we shared so many that we ran out.

1 comment:

mamabear said...

There's absolutely no type of flour? Amazing... I mean, obviously since they are gluten free, but what's the "glue"?