Saturday, December 29, 2007

All that jazz


You may not believe it, but little ol' Toledo is known for it's jazz scene. Perhaps it's because we're on the road from NYC to Chicago, most of the jazz greats have stopped in town for a night or two. We lost Rusty's Jazz Cafe a few years back (now the place is called John's Korner Bar and I haven't been able to look inside), but we still have the venerable Murphy's Place.

We are finally slowing down a smidgen, so we took a little time to ourselves and visited. The music, the ambiance, and the food are deeply satisfying. I'm a foodie, and I'm telling you, the orange roughy I had there the other day was the best fish I've ever had.

Do yourself a favor and visit this Toledo institution. It seems that many of the best things about this town are struggling or closing, so it's important to support the local hotspots that make Toledo, um, Toledo.

No comments: