Tuesday, September 16, 2008

40 mpg


I have always been a fan of small dogs and small cars. Everyone scoffed at my cute little Geo Metro in college, but I didn't care, because I got more than 50 mpg. Back then, gas was as low as a dollar a gallon (yes, kids, it's true!) so I could get to Detroit and back for a couple of bucks.

Now, I drive the smallest car I could find, the Toyota Echo, and it gets about 40 mpg, which is better than many hybrids! I love being able to maneuver into the smallest parking space and do a u-turn in two lanes.

The only time my car presents a problem is when a bride and groom get accidentally left somewhere with no ride. But more than once, my clients have squeezed into the trusty Echo. Here is a photo of poor Melisa and Derek, who didn't have a lot of extra room. But they look happy, right?

2 comments:

Dandelionmom said...

That is too awesome!

Anonymous said...

I think its a family affliction, two geos, 4 different owners in the family, and currently the largest vehicle are an escape, an element and a few mazda 5s :D

-C